18 March 2007

Sly Fox

Well, it's been a couple weeks. Family's been sick and that means time away from keyboard and brewing.

But I did manage to get some free time and head over to hang out with a good friend and hit the taps! A 2-1/2 hour drive east on the turnpike landed me in Royersford, PA, home of Sly Fox Brewing. My friend and I stopped in and sampled some of their offerings.

The Sly Fox Brewpub in Royersford is their second of two and it houses a 20bbl brewhouse, a bottling line and a canning line. The restaurant was pretty big, about 7,000 sqare feet. The food was good, the beer was even better!

We kept the barstools warm for a while, giving us time to knock back a few pints. I opted for the dunkel, the stout, and split a 22oz bomber of their Double IPA with my friend. My friend grabbed some dunkel and their Rt. 113 IPA, a little of which I tried. Nice, hoppy aroma and flavor; only upstaged by their huge Double IPA! He also remarked that he had been there a few days earlier with a friend and that their Saison was very good as well.

All in all, it's a nice place with very good beer! Next time I'm in the area I'll be visiting their Pheonixville establishment.

Cheers!

No comments: