17 October 2007

Cobblestone's

About a year ago I remember seeing a billboard for Cobblestone's in York, PA. Then, Trouble Brewing blogger Eric cited an article mentioning Cobblestone's and the South Central PA Homebrewers' Association. After reviewing the website and their salivation-provoking beer list, we put it on our to-do list.

Yes, the wife suggested it...even though she's not a beer drinker! How to know you married the right girl...

Anyway, last night we made the trip. Fortunately for me, it's less than 30 minutes from my house. True to the picture on their website, the inner doors open to a large expanse of TV screens, pool tables, dart boards, and tables. The service was great, the food was good, and the overall atmosphere was inviting. I started with a pint of Bell's Oktoberfest and it fit the bill perfectly. Although later I did order a pint of Bell's Porter, the server returned with something that was definitely not dark and nearly opaque. The server had been great in every way and since it was a light copper color, I was sure it wasn't Bud so I didn't complain. Instead I looked at it as a challenge to try to test my senses and palate. After a few sips and some nosing, I was certain it was an IPA. When it was time to pay up, the check told me it was a pint of Bell's Two-Hearted Ale. A nice surprise for sure!

All in all, their beer menu was encouraging and the pool tables looked inviting. Definitely heading there for Happy Hour someday!

2 comments:

erictrimmer said...

Would you say Cobblestone's is kid-friendly?

OSBC said...

Hmmm...that sounds familiar...;-)

After visiting it and after our server kindly mixed up two Shirley Temples for the boys, I'd say definitely.